This plant is rarely found at the bottom of aquariums. This kind of cryptocoryne can be called a very interesting instance. Thanks to it, it becomes possible to erect a composition with a dramatic shade in the central part of the aquarium.
The geographical habitat of this plant is the island of Borneo. There, this cryptocoryne grows in bodies of water with a high-speed current. Cryptocorina gudoro was able to gain popularity in Russia, as it looks very aesthetically pleasing and unpretentious in leaving.
This cryptocoryne is endowed with the following morphological features:
- The sheet plate has the shape of narrow ellipses in length from 8 to 30 centimeters and in width from 2 to 5 cm.
- Externally, the sheet is rounded at the base, pointed at the apex, and has a tuberous surface.
- The color of most of the leaf is green, but the edges are brown and have a wavy structure.
- Veins on a leaf are clearly visible.
- From 5 to 20 centimeters the size of the cuttings reaches.
- Under natural conditions, it can reach up to 50 centimeters, and in an aquarium up to 30 cm.
The main reason why aquarium fans use this kind of cryptocoryne is the specific structure of the leaves. With their help, you can create a feeling of a tropical atmosphere. It is only necessary to fulfill some content requirements.
Maintenance and care
- Thoroughly choose a site for planting and do not change it due to the long addiction of cryptocoryne to a new place.
- Aquariums with great depth are immediately swept away. An acceptable option would be a depth of up to 40 centimeters.
- The place that is suitable for this plant in the aquarium will be the middle or the background.
- Cryptocorin gudoro is not often found in aquariums, although it does not require serious care.
- The gudoro variety, along with other cryptocorynes, does not tolerate sudden changes in "living conditions." Otherwise, there may be sad consequences: illness will begin, leaf decay. Do not forget that this is the usual phase of plant adaptation. However, when painful symptoms appear, the constant properties of water (ph, temperature, hardness) should be maintained. At this stage, you need to remove all rotting leaves. Despite the fact that there are no leaves left, such cryptocoryne should not be eliminated, because the appearance of fresh leaves is possible.
Water should have the following properties:
- Strong air saturation, which will increase the movement of water and recreate the native living conditions of cryptocoryne.
- Water should be hard from 6 to 18 degrees dH.
- Temperature needs to fluctuate in the range from 24 to 26 ° C.
- Water should be provided with an acidity of pH 5.5-7.0.
- In order not to succumb to “cryptocorin disease”, the water in the aquarium must be supplied with useful elements: calcium, nitrogen, iron and phosphates. Plus, the addition of CO2 will have a beneficial effect on the plant.
There are some principles regarding the coverage of this cryptocoryne. It should be powerful and intense at least 0.5 watts per liter. The light part of the day should last from 10 to 12 hours. Such light conditions will become the most comfortable, but growth is possible in partial shade.
It is worth planting this ornamental plant either in non-coarse gravel or in large river sand. It does not hurt to put clay pieces to the roots. Aquarium water will need the addition of micronutrient fertilizers. It is also possible to supply water with salts of ferrous salts with minimal doses. With it, the color of the leaves can become more contrasting.
Cryptocoryne gudoro uses the following method of reproduction: the mother bush creates new root layers. For cultivation, you can use not only aquariums, but also paludariums. However, there the plant will not have a large size.